Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.
Madrasatul Qayyum is an Islamic Sunday School program organized and administered by the Islamic Center of Bloomington, IN. The administration of Madrasatul Qayyam seeks to operate a school that will be a significant source of Islamic, Quranic, and Arabic education for the children of the Bloomington Muslim community, as well as to foster in our students the 3Rs: religiosity, respect, and responsibility, so that they may grow up to be contributing members not only of their Islamic community, but the world community as a whole. However, we realize that is not possible without first and foremost the Tawfeeq of Allah and then the continuous support of our parents. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your families.
“All of you are shepherds, and all of you will be asked about your flocks” (Hadeeth).
–Sunday School Administration
The Sunday School program is designed to meet the needs of children in K-6th grade. Seven levels of study are offered. Successful completion of one level should adequately prepare students for the next. Madrasatul Qayyum offers studies in the following subjects:
- Islamic Studies (Fiqh, Ibadah, Aqidah, Adab, Tawheed)
- Islamic History (History of the Prophets and Caliphs)
- Quranic Studies/Quranic Arabic (Memorization, Tafsir, Tajweed)
Registration & Fees:
All parents are required to fill out a registration form for their student(s) prior to their attendance in the program. Early registration gives the administration time to accurately assess the number of students in order to determine books, class sizes, and teacher ratios.
- Registration will open a month before the beginning of the school year.
- All registration forms submitted after the beginning of the school year will be subject to a $20 administration fee.
- All tuition and fees are due at the time of submitting the registration form, except with prior permission from the school administration. Tuition can be paid in full or in bi-semester payments. Families with special circumstances are encouraged to speak with the school Principal or Vice Principal.